Mike Kim is a marketing consultant and host of the #1 ranked podcast on personal branding in iTunes, "The Brand You" Podcast. He helps corporate professionals launch a coaching or consulting business so they can leave their day job and do work they love and believe in. He is also an in-demand strategist and copywriter who has shaped the message and marketing for several New York Times best-selling authors. If you want to leave your day job and become an independent consultant, visit mikekim.com for his free video series, the Build Your Brand Bootcamp.
Mike shares about how he left a job as Chief Marketing Officer of a multi million dollar company by building an online presence on the side. He also shares how he uses networking to boost his success as an entrepreneur.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Mike's goal of visiting every Major League Baseball stadium
- Growing up in an Asian household and the messages we get about career and business
What you learn from this episode:
- How to start a coaching or consulting business
- Partnering with key people to boost your success
- The importance of investing in yourself financially
- How to build a personal brand online
- What two questions to ask yourself if you want to start a coaching or consulting business
- How to use marketing as an act of service
- How to start sharing the message you have to the world
Getting in touch with Mike Kim:
Resources mentioned in this show:
The Asian American Voice Podcast Social Media:
Please take a moment to "like" the Facebook page below for the latest updates on new episodes being released
How to Subscribe to The Podcast for Free!
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “The Asian American Voice” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “The Asian American Voice” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
"The Asian American Voice" now available on Google Play!
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://theasianamericanvoice.libsyn.com/taav