Sheena Yap Chan is a blogger, podcaster, marketing consultant, author and speaker whose sole purpose, drive and passion is to help women live a better life through entrepreneurship. She currently inspires women everyday through her podcast called The Tao of Self Confidence where she interviews various women about their inner journey to self confidence. Sheena also teaches women how to create a business and live life by design by learning how to create an income utilizing the Internet.
Sheena shares about a tragedy that was the catalyst to quit her job and start creating the life and business she wanted.
She also speaks on how she was able to gain confidence in her business and life through physical fitness, energy work, mindset and surrounding herself with people that support your dreams.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Asian women roles in society and culture
- Self sabotaging, self shaming and comparing yourself to others
- loving yourself
- negative self talk
- self worth
What you will learn from this episode:
- How to start and maintain a 5 day a week podcast
- Ways to improve confidence in your life
- Using personal tragedy to make changes in your life
- Solving a problem to create a blog, business or podcast
- Doing inner work on yourself for positive changes
- Surrounding yourself with people that support your dreams
- Being aware of false gurus in the online world
- Getting over fear and self doubt and starting something
- Being clear in your messaging with creating content online
- Defining your own definition of success
- Overcoming failure
Getting in touch with Sheena Yap Chan:
Books mentioned on this episode:
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Miracle Morning
- A New Earth
- The 10x rule
- The Slight Edge
The Asian American Voice Podcast Social Media:
Please take a moment to "like" the Facebook page below for the latest updates on new episodes being released
How to Subscribe to The Podcast for Free!
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “The Asian American Voice” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “The Asian American Voice” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
"The Asian American Voice" now available on Google Play!
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://theasianamericanvoice.libsyn.com/taav
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all episodes here: The Asian American Voice Podcast